Loss & grief
The death of a baby is a painful experience for a family.
If your baby died during pregnancy or in the first days of life, you and your family may need help to understand what happened. You may need support to find ways to deal with your grief and ease your pain.
If you’ve had any of these experiences, you may be overwhelmed by your feelings of grief.
Here’s how you can honor your loss:
- Share your story—Join a supportive space to share your story, connect with others and offer support to families with similar experiences—whether that’s infertility, pregnancy or the heartbreak of loss. Visit share.marchofdimes.org/
- Wall of Remembrance—Leave a message as a tribute to your loved one. Share your story, read the memorials and honor the babies and moms and moms-to-be who are gone too soon. Visit marchofdimes.org/remembrance
- Join March for Babies: A Mother of a Movement™—Honor those born preterm or with birth defects, remember and pay tribute to those lost and connect with others who share your commitment to helping give every family the best possible start.
- DIY fundraiser—Family, friends and loved ones may wish to make a difference in a time of sadness and grief. With a March of Dimes DIY fundraiser, you can create and organize your own event, activity or challenge while raising funds to improve the health of moms and babies. Visit marchofdimes.org/diy
- Show your support with the Pregnancy and Infant Loss Facebook Frame which is available October 1.