2023 Report Cards
The report provides updated preterm birth rates and grades for the U.S., all states, Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico and tracks progress towards important policy solutions.
2023 MATERNITY CARE DESERTS STATE REPORTS
Where You Live Matters: Maternity Care Deserts and the Crisis of Access and Equity provides new information and increases awareness about maternity care access in all 50 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
2021 BIRTH DATA AVAILABLE
New data on births is now available. This includes data on preterm birth, birthweight, prenatal care, delivery method and single and multiple deliveries.
New PRAMS Topics Available
PeriStats has been updated with new topics from the Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) dataset including data related to maternal depression, intimate partner violence, folic acid use, safe sleep practices, e-cigarette use, and maternal weight before pregnancy.
Over 60,000 graphs, maps and tables are available on PeriStats.
Aggregating data from nine government agencies and organizations, PeriStats provides access to the most current maternal and infant health statistics on topics such as preterm birth, infant mortality, tobacco use, cesarean births, and health insurance coverage. Detailed information by race, ethnicity, and maternal age for many indicators is also available.
Helpful Data and Resources
Our sources and partners
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- National Birth Defects Prevention Network (NBDPN)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
To learn more about how we work with these organizations, read About Us.
Have a Data Request?
Access our perinatal data center experts!Ask for information