To help ensure public trust while maintaining the highest standards of stewardship and confidence in the integrity of our organization and its mission, March of Dimes maintains a toll-free Ethics and Compliance Hotline.
The confidential Ethics and Compliance Hotline is dedicated to addressing employee, past employee, and volunteer concerns related to internal financial controls, audit practices, accounting issues, and the prevention of illegal activity. This hotline will be answered by an independent party.
Following are some examples of incidents that may warrant a call to the hotline:
- If you witness falsification or destruction of March of Dimes records
- If someone asks you to overlook theft or misuse of donor contributions or monies received at special events
- If someone is diverting assets for their personal use
- If someone offers or you become aware of a kickback (i.e., money and/or services)
- If you witness a privacy or security breach of constituent data (i.e. mishandling, theft, loss, or improper disclosure of personal information)
- If you witness other violations of federal and/or state laws or regulations
The hotline is available toll-free at 1-800-826-6762. The hotline is available 24 hours a day and is managed by an independent organization.
March of Dimes policy forbids any retaliatory action be taken against an individual who, in good faith, contacts the Hotline. Individuals who feel that they are being or have been retaliated against should immediately report this to the Hotline at 1-800-826-6762.
If you feel that an organization or individual is using March of Dimes' name, logo, or other intellectual property without permission, please contact March of Dimes at 800-658-6674.