March of Dimes offers a range of educational opportunities for health professionals. Some of these opportunities include continuing education credits. We offer website resources, nursing modules and more.
Implicit Bias Training (CNE and CME available)
Awareness to Action: Dismantling Bias in Maternal and Infant Healthcare™ training provides health care professionals and nursing and medical students with important insights to recognize and remedy implicit bias in maternal and infant health care settings. These actions can result in improved patient-provider communication, overall patient experience and quality of care, and a culture shift across committed organizations towards the broader goal of achieving equity.
This training is available as a 1-hour e-Learning module or a 3 to 4-hour live training delivered by March of Dimes.
- Understand and be able to identify implicit bias, the cognitive basis that informs bias, and its impact on maternity care settings.
- Explain how structural racism has played a key role in shaping care settings within the U.S. and contributes to implicit biases in patient/provider encounters.
- Recognize one's potential for implicit bias and apply strategies, such as the CARES Framework™ and practice cultural humility, to effectively mitigate their own implicit biases.
- Recognize and establish a culture of equity as an organizational commitment to elevate the quality of maternity care.
While the training alone will not lead to immediate improvements in racial and ethnic disparities, it can help professionals recognize and change behaviors that will improve patient-provider communication, quality of care and begin a culture shift towards the broader goal of achieving equity for moms and babies.
Click here to inquire about opportunities to provide implicit bias training at your organization.
Offered training to 35,000+ care providers in 30+ states
Recognized by American Hospital Association
Two options: Live, tailored training and On Demand e-Learning
CNE and CME available
Tailored action plans and facilitated sessions
Add on: Debrief and Action Session
March of Dimes was the recipient of the American Hospital Association’s 2020 Award of Honor for efforts to advance health equity through implicit bias training for health care professionals in maternal and infant care settings.
Click here to inquire about opportunities to provide Implicit Bias Training at your organization.
Professional Education | Promotional Flyer
A trusted leader in maternal and infant health, March of Dimes has offered educational opportunities for healthcare professionals for more than 35 years. Download this flyer to use for promote and educate about March of Dimes' online and live training courses.
- NEW! Awareness to Action: Dismantling Bias in Maternal and Infant Healthcare™
- NEW! Preventing Prematurity: Preconception, Prenatal and Postpartum Considerations and Care
- NEW! Beyond Labels: Reducing Stigma Related To Maternal Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder (LIVE only at this time)
- NEW! Skin to Skin: Implementation of Best Practices*
- NEW! Maternal Mental Health. It’s not just postpartum. It’s not just depression*
- Social Media from the Lens of a Multigenerational Workforce*
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: Addressing Models of Care which Support the Baby and Family*
- COMING SOON! Resources and Strategies to Empower Women to Improve Maternal Health in the Fourth Trimester
- Shorter Stays in the NICU: Impact and Implications for Care Creating a Culture of Respect in the NICU*
- Experiencing Loss in the NICU: Supporting Parents and Staff Through Difficult Times*
- Easing Parent Trauma in the NICU: Trauma-Informed Care for the NICU*
- Partnering with Parents to Improve Safety in the NICU*
- Improving the Patient Experience in the NICU by Enhancing Parent Education*
- Child with Medical Complexities: Designing a Better Pathway from Hospital to Home*
- Caring for the Caregiver: Real Support for the Health Care Professional*
- Overheard: What We Say, What We Mean and What Families Hear*
*Included in the NICU Family Support
CNE included and CME/ Student Training available [email protected]
Graduate nursing scholarships available
March of Dimes is offering scholarships to registered nurses enrolled in maternal and infant health graduate programs.
Early Entry into Prenatal Care Resource Guide
March of Dimes is committed to addressing early entry into prenatal care to reduce negative health outcomes for moms and babies. This toolkit is designed to give those on the front lines of maternal and child healthcare the resources needed to increase access to early prenatal care in communities across the U.S.
Safer Cultures Roadmap
The Safer Culture Roadmap is a free, online toolkit that helps health care leaders build a culture within their organization that promotes patient safety, particularly within their perinatal programs. It's a you takes you step-by-step walkthrough of the process of evaluating, building and sustaining an organizational culture that promotes safety, which translates into positive health benefits for moms and babies. March of Dimes funding supported the development of the toolkit by the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.