Graduate nursing scholarships
To recognize and promote excellence in nursing care of mothers and babies, the March of Dimes offers several $5,000 scholarships annually to registered nurses enrolled in graduate programs of maternal-child nursing.
March of Dimes Dr. Margaret C. Freda Graduate Nursing Scholarship Award
The March of Dimes Dr. Margaret C. Freda Graduate Nursing Scholarship Award was established in 2016 to honor long-time March of Dimes National Nurse Advisory Council Chair, volunteer, and friend, Dr. Margaret Comerford Freda. This award is given each year to the highest scoring graduate nursing scholarship applicant.
Pampers is a generous sponsor of the March of Dimes Graduate Nursing Scholarships program.
Pampers has been a proud partner of March of Dimes for over 15 years. Through their partnership, Pampers has empowered consumers nationwide to support March of Dimes in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies and donated diapers for military and NICU family baby showers. Additionally, each year more registered nurses advance in graduate school training that specifically focuses on the care of moms and babies through Pampers’ support of the March of Dimes Scholarship program. Pampers is dedicated to every baby’s happy, healthy development.
- The scholarships application is available here.
- The deadline for 2020 is January 24, 2020.
- Scholarship recipients are announced in May.
- Applicant must be a registered nurse.
- Applicant must currently be enrolled in graduate education with a focus on maternal-child nursing at the master's or doctoral level.
- Applicant must have at least one academic term to complete after August of the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicant must be a member of at least one of the following professional organizations: the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses; the American College of Nurse-Midwives; or the National Association of Neonatal Nurses.
- Applicant cannot be a previous recipient of the March of Dimes graduate nursing scholarship.
- Employees of the March of Dimes, members of its Board of Trustees, and their family members are not eligible.
Scholarship recipients are announced in May each year.
- Kristin DeArruda Wharton, RN, IBCLC
- Isabel Brewster, RN
- Natima Geis, RN
- Marliese Nist, RNC-NIC
- Jeanine Valrie Logan, RN, MSN, MPH
- Jessie Sue Holmquist, RN, BSN
- Shakima Wiggins, RN, BSN, LCCE, IBCLC
- Kathryn Malin, RN, APRN, NNP-BC
- Corinne Audette, MSN, CNM, Orlando, FL, University of Central Florida
- Melissa J. Kurtz, MSN, MA, RN, Baltimore, MD, Johns Hopkins University
- Michele Kacmarcik Savin, MSN, NNP-BC, Wilmington, DE, Thomas Jefferson University
- Lauren M. Head, BSN, RN, Decatur, GA, Emory University
- Laura Manns-James, PhD(c), CNM, WHNP-BC, Oberlin, OH, Kent State University
- Ali Sevilla de Cocco, MDiv, SNM, Nashville, TN, Vanderbilt University
- Valerie Willis, MSN, RN, PNP-BC, CNS-BC, Menifee, CA, University of San Diego
- Diana R. Jolles, MSN, PhD(c), CNM, Houston, TX, Texas Woman's University
- Mary L. Puchalski, MS, APN, CNS, NNP-BC, Pittsburgh, PA, Chatham University
- Wendy A. Shultis, PhD, RN, Portland, OR, Oregon Health and Science University
- Hien K. Tran, RN, BSN, SNM, Albuquerque, NM, University of New Mexico
- Nicole Smith Carlson, MS, CNM, Decatur, GA, University of Colorado
- Kathleen Jones Danhausen, SNM, MPH, Nashville, TN, Vanderbilt University
- Samantha L. Port, MSN, MBA, RNC-OB, C-EFM, Campbellsville, KY,
Western Kentucky University
- Donna Louise Schminkey, PhDc, MPH, RN, CNM, Harrisonburg, VA, University of Virginia
- Rachel Ballester, RN, Springfield, MA , Baystate Midwifery Education Program
- Michelle Dynes, CNM, MSN, MPH, Atlanta, GA, Emory University
- Julie Moon, RN, Hyden, KY, Frontier Nursing University
- Njoki Ng'ang'a MPhil, MSc, RNC, New York, NY, Columbia University
- Rachel Newhouse, RN, Chicago, IL, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Julia Vigdis Perkins, RN, Baltimore, MD, Johns Hopkins University & Shenandoah University
- Rebecca M. Pfender, RN, BSN, Philadelphia, PA, University of Pennsylvania
- Annie J. Rohan, MSN, RNC, NNP/PNP, Stony Brook, NY, Columbia University
- Kirsten Hanrahan, ARNP, DNPc , Iowa City, IA, University of Iowa
- Amana Alcala Moss, MN, RN, Corvallis, OR, Oregon Health and Science University
- Amy E. Starke, MPH, RN, Ann Arbor, MI, University of Michigan
- Leah M. Peterson, RN, SNM, San Francisco, CA, University of California, San Francisco
- MaryJane Lewitt, RN, CNM, MN, Atlanta, GA, Emory University
- Priscilla M. Nodine, CNM, MS, Lakewood, CO, University of Colorado at Denver
- Ping Jin Porter, RN, BSN, SNM, Albuquerque, NM, University of New Mexico
- Lauren Thorngate, Ph(c), RN, CCRN, Seattle, WA, University of Washington
- Ashley E. Darcy, BSN, RN, Philadelphia, PA, University of Pennsylvania
- Lorie Smith Goshin, RN, MSN, New York, NY, Columbia University
- Cynthia Jensen, RN, BSN, CCRN, San Francisco, CA, University of California
- Amy Law, MS, CNM, San Francisco, CA, University of California
- Ana Luisa Ralston, RN, Washington, D.C., Georgetown University
- Libby Averill Rosen, RN, BSN, PhDc, Kansas City, KS Kansas University
- Erin Hannah Tenney, RN, BSN, Hyden, KY, Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing
- Kristin VanderEnde, RN, MSN, CNM, Atlanta, GA, Emory University
- Anjli Aurora, RN, MPH, Duluth, GA, Emory University
- Sandra A. Banta-Wright, RNC, MN, NNP, Portland, OR, Oregon Health & Science University
- Jessica Brumley, CNM, Tampa, FL, University of South Florida
- Jane M. DeLuca, RN, PNP, APNG, Rochester, NY, University of Rochester
- Laura R. Jenson, RN, SNM, Portland, OR, Oregon Health & Science University
- Laura Kostura, RN, Georgetown, MA, Currently on active duty in Iraq. University of Cincinnati
- Kate E. Becker, RN, BSN, MTS, Philadelphia, PA, University of Pennsylvania
- Mary Ann Dominick, RN, Mentor on the Lake, OH, Case Western Reserve University
- Dawn Kingston, RN, MSC, Ontario, Canada, McMaster University
- Gwen Latendresse, CNM, MS, PhD(c), West Jordan, UT, University of Utah
- Jody Lori, CNM, Ann Arbor, MI, University of Arizona
- Nicole Rouhana, CNM, Vestal, NY, Binghamton University
- Mary K. Barger, CNM, Cambridge, MA, Boston University
- Robin Cutler Bratt, RN, Minneapolis, MN, University of Minnesota
- Julia Chachere, SNM, MPH, Sag Harbor, NY, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Kathleen Utter King, CNM, Rochester, NY, University of Rochester
- Rebecca Matthews, RN, Jonesboro, AR, University of Tennessee
- Elizabeth A. Thomas, MSN, RNC, PhD(c), Lubbock, TX, University of Arizona
- Robin B. Knobel, RNC, MSN, NNP, Greenville, NC, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Christie N. Lawrence, RN, BSN, Country Club Hills, IL, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Gina Novick, CNM, MSN, Hamden, CT, Yale University
- Bridget Rene Robinson, RN, BSN, Trenton, MO, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Margie A. Campbell, RNC, Columbus, IN
- Dawn E. Dailey, RN, MSN, CS, Vacaville, CA
- Kelli Dyer, BSN, RN, ICCE, Columbus, GA
- Debra L. Hamilton, RN, BSN, CCM, CNLCP, Cheyenne, WY
- Jo Ann Dotson, RN, MSN, Helena, MT
- Judith Hilton, MSN, RNC, Hickory, NC
- Barbara McFarlin, CNM, MS, RDMS, Chicago, IL
- Linda Shewey, ICCE, RN, PhD, Kent, WA
- Carolyn Constantin, MSN, RNC, Atlanta, GA
- Cecily Floyd, BSRN, Pocatello, ID
- Eileen Ehudin Pagano, CNM, Columbia, MD
- Laura Warren, RN, Oakland, CA
- Emily Merideth, RN, MPH, Berkeley, CA
- Therese McMahan, RNC, MSN, OGNP, Somerville, MA
- Verna J. Schad, RN, MS, FNP, SNM, Lantry, SD
- Laura B. Strange, RN, MN, Dunwoody, GA
- Terry Griffin, RNC, MS, NNP, Long Grove, IL
- Wendy Rasso, RN, Pueblo, CO
- Ginger L. Breedlove, CNM, MSN, Kansas City, MO
- Carol Sue Omel, RN, MPH, Portland, OR