Nutrition, weight & fitness
Your body needs vitamins, minerals and other nutrients to stay healthy and strong. During pregnancy, your growing baby counts on you for these nutrients. Taking a prenatal vitamin, along with eating healthy foods, can help you get the nutrients that you both need.
For most pregnant women, it’s safe to exercise every day. Being active can give you energy, help you relieve stress and help you gain the right amount of weight during pregnancy. It can even help your body get ready for labor and birth! Find out what’s OK and what not to do during pregnancy.
In This Topic
- Being overweight during pregnancy
- Caffeine in pregnancy
- Eating healthy during pregnancy
- Exercise during pregnancy
- Food shopping on a budget
- Foods to avoid or limit during pregnancy
- Handling food safely
- Tracking your weight gain
- Vitamins and other nutrients during pregnancy
- Weight gain during pregnancy