- In 2020, 1 in 10 babies (9.9% of live births) was born preterm in Wisconsin.
- In 2020, 1 in 13 babies (7.7% of live births) was low birthweight in Wisconsin.
- In Wisconsin in 2019, 371 infants died before reaching their first birthday, an infant mortality rate of 5.9 per 1,000 live births.
- In Wisconsin in 2020, 81.1% of infants were born to women receiving adequate/adequate plus prenatal care.
- In Wisconsin in 2020, 26.7% of live births were cesarean deliveries.
- In 2020, about 1 in 15 women of childbearing age (6.9%) was uninsured in Wisconsin.
In an average week in Wisconsin:
Use this page to browse the multiple different data sets and indicators that PeriStats offers on maternal and infant health subjects. The data search tool on this page will guide you through the data we continually update.
Last updated: January 2022
State summary reports consist of several different reports that the Perinatal Data Center has created in order to use data to tell a story about maternal and child health in your state. While some individual datapoints will overlap, each report has a different focus. These reports may be useful to use for local policy changes or programs.