The face of our mission
Each year the March of Dimes selects families, children and celebrities whose life was saved by our research, programs, or educational campaigns to give a face to our mission or who have a passion to help all families have stronger, healthier babies.
One of the most visible ambassadors is the March of Dimes National Ambassador, who travels the country throughout the year to share his or her story and encourage families and companies to join him in making sure all babies get a healthy start in life by participating in March for Babies and other special events.
Families around the country play a vital role in our efforts to help give babies a healthy start. Working with March of Dimes chapters, Local Ambassador Families, share their story in their community in an effort to gain local support.
Celebrity ambassadors help create awareness for our mission. Moms like Sherri Shepherd, co-host of The View, who experienced the premature birth of her son, volunteer for March for Babies and the Prematurity Campaign. Latin Superstar Thalia also leads campaigns as a mom of a healthy baby girl. And March of Dimes Team Youth ambassadors, worldwide recording artist Kelly Clarkson and ABC Family show, Secret Life of the American Teenager, actress Camille Winbush, encourage young volunteers to join March of Dimes youth leadership opportunities.
In This Topic
- Faces of the March of Dimes mission
- Meet Ismael Torres-Castrodad, our 2016 National Ambassador
- Meet Elijah Jackson, our 2015 National Ambassador
- Meet Aidan Lamothe, our 2014 National Ambassador
- Meet Nina Centofanti, our 2013 National Ambassador
- Meet Kieran Wittstruck, our 2012 National Ambassador
- Meet Lauren Fleming, our 2011 National Ambassador
- Meet Joshua Hoffman, our 2010 National Ambassador