2021 BIRTH DATA AVAILABLE
New data on births is now available. This includes data on preterm birth, birthweight, prenatal care, delivery method and single and multiple deliveries.
New PRAMS Topics Available
PeriStats has been updated with new topics from the Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) dataset including data related to maternal depression, intimate partner violence, folic acid use, safe sleep practices, e-cigarette use, and maternal weight before pregnancy.
2022 Report Cards
These report cards are produced annually to provide a snap-shot of the health of Moms and Babies and important policies on maternal health by state.
2022 Maternity Care Deserts Report
The 2022 Nowhere to Go: Maternity Care Deserts Across the U.S. report aims to increase education and raise awareness about maternity care deserts.
Over 60,000 graphs, maps and tables are available on PeriStats.
Aggregating data from nine government agencies and organizations, PeriStats provides access to the most current maternal and infant health statistics on topics such as preterm birth, infant mortality, tobacco use, cesarean births, and health insurance coverage. Detailed information by race, ethnicity, and maternal age for many indicators is also available.
Helpful Data and Resources
Our sources and partners
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- National Birth Defects Prevention Network (NBDPN)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
To learn more about how we work with these organizations, read About Us.
Have a Data Request?
Access our perinatal data center experts!Ask for information