Team youth is an opportunity for students from elementary through college and a commitment to make a difference!
Get involved, today!
Educate your peers on the importance of a healthy lifestyle. Lead your school, organization and community in raising awareness and funds for our mission. Stay connected with Team Youth through Facebook, Twitter, and by subscribing to Youth Times, our monthly eNewsletter.
History of Team Youth
The March of Dimes has a long history of recruiting young volunteers into leadership roles. This commitment to youth volunteerism dates, back to 1955. At this time the first March of Dimes youth program began and student leaders came together to educate their peers about the importance of receiving the polio vaccine. This effort paved the way to establishing a nationwide network of young volunteers and the development of today’s Team Youth Program that currently brings together nearly one million students and advisors to work towards a common goal - to give every baby a healthy start in life.
Team Youth – Today: Team Youth involves hundreds of thousands of young volunteers within elementary, middle, high school and college volunteers, including all National Youth Service Partners of the March of Dimes.
Need more resources?
Please click here to submit the application.
In This Topic
- 12-Month Pregnancy Program for educators
- Become a youth volunteer leader
- Collegiate Council Toolkit
- Get involved at the collegiate level
- Get involved at the elementary school level
- Get involved at the high school level
- Get involved at the middle school level
- Get your students involved
- Mile of Dimes Campaign
- National Youth Council
- National Youth Council Nomination Form
- Online curriculum tool for family and consumer sciences teachers
- Prematurity Awareness Month - Get your school involved
- Vita Tringone's passion for preemies