Request for Applications 2020 COVID-19 Fund
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. For more than 80 years, March of Dimes has empowered families with programs, information and tools to have healthy pregnancies. Today we’re building on that legacy to level the playing field for all moms and babies, no matter their age, socio-economic background or demographics. We support moms throughout their pregnancy, even when things do not go according to plan. We advocate for policies that prioritize the health of moms and babies and pioneer research to find solutions to the biggest health threats they face.
Currently, these health threats include the COVID-19 viral pandemic where pregnant women and babies are at risk of infection and subsequent complications. The March of Dimes COVID-19 Fund was created to support the urgent need for COVID-19 specific research in maternal-child health, to help women preparing for childbirth, the families caring for a newborn, and healthcare providers during this time.
We request applications that propose research in one of the following priority areas:
RESEARCH GRANT PRIORITIES/AREAS OF INTEREST
- Clinical characteristics: Includes studies that examine clinical and socio-demographic predictors of perinatal health outcomes and treatments associated with COVID-19 for the mom-baby dyad. Predictability may include, the role of the placenta in pregnancy outcomes in women who are infected and/or use of a ventilator in treating COVID-19.
- Maternal Immunity and Neonatal Health: Includes studies examining the role of antibody testing in birth planning and postpartum care, sustainability of antibodies/immunity in mom-baby dyad, the viability of passive immunity through breastmilk, and mom-to-baby contact.
March of Dimes is looking for proposals that involve translational and actionable science that will lead directly to improved diagnosis, treatment, and ultimately prevention for mothers and infants in a pandemic climate.
We invite health professionals, health researchers, epidemiologists, and social scientists with doctoral or terminal academic degrees with a faculty appointment or equivalent at academic universities, hospitals and research institutions; small businesses or startup companies in biotech and/or pharmaceuticals, committed to research in the area of maternal and child health are welcome to apply.
RESEARCH GRANT DETAILS
Prospective: Proposals should extend to 12 months, with a budget range of $100,000 – 125,000.
Retrospective: Proposals should range from 3-6 months, with a budget range of $100,000 – 125,000.
July 29, 2020…..……..……….Submission Window Opens
September 4, 2020.………...Full Application Due
October 7, 2020………………Notification of Award
Please submit the below listed information as a PDF file to Rachel Hauser, Research Grants Administrator, at [email protected].
REQUIRED INFORMATION FROM THE APPLICANT:
- Cover Page
- COVID-19 Research Plan Template
- Certification for Human Subjects
- Research Plan & Citations
- Budget Excel Template
- Certifications for Animal and/or Human Use
- Professional Personnel
- Budget & Justification
- Current & Pending financial support: list each current grant or contract for the conduct of this research. If there is no current support, state “NONE”
- Candidate’s biographical sketch
- Facilities available
- Payee Information
Please direct any questions to Rachel Hauser, Research Grants Administrator, [email protected].