2019 Infant Mortality
New data on Infant mortality data is now available. These include infant mortality rates, age at infant death, and cause of death.
2021 Report Cards
The Mom and Baby Report Cards are released annually with the most up-to-date data on numerous maternal and infant health indicators.
2020 Natality Update
Natality data is updated to reflect the latest available 2020 statistics including: preterm birth, birthweight, delivery method, health insurance and population data.
Maternity Care Desert (2020)
A comprehensive report that gives geographical data on where maternity care deserts exist across the U.S. and how they may affect health outcomes. New updates will come in 2022.
Over 60,000 graphs, maps and tables are available on PeriStats.
Aggregating data from nine government agencies and organizations, PeriStats provides access to the most current maternal and infant health statistics on topics such as preterm birth, infant mortality, tobacco use, cesarean births, and health insurance coverage. Detailed information by race, ethnicity, and maternal age for many indicators is also available.
Helpful Data and Resources
Our sources and partners
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- National Birth Defects Prevention Network (NBDPN)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
To learn more about how we work with these organizations, read About Us.
Have a Data Request?
Access our perinatal data center experts!Ask for information