Nursing and the March of Dimes
Nurse Advisory Council
Graduate nursing scholarships
Dr. Margaret C. Freda "Saving Babies, Together®" Award
Nurse of the Year
Nursing and the March of Dimes: An historical summary
Graduate nursing scholarships
To recognize and promote excellence in nursing care of mothers and babies, the March of Dimes offers several $5,000 scholarships annually to registered nurses enrolled in graduate programs of maternal-child nursing.
March of Dimes Dr. Margaret C. Freda Graduate Nursing Scholarship Award
The March of Dimes Dr. Margaret C. Freda Graduate Nursing Scholarship Award was established in 2016 to honor long-time March of Dimes National Nurse Advisory Council Chair, volunteer, and friend, Dr. Margaret Comerford Freda. This award is given each year to the highest scoring graduate nursing scholarship applicant.
- The scholarships application is available here starting in September.
- The deadline for 2018 is January 12, 2018.
- Scholarship recipients are announced in May.
- To view a list of recipients, click here.
Call (914) 997-4609 for more information.
- Applicant must be a registered nurse.
- Applicant must currently be enrolled in graduate education with a focus on maternal-child nursing at the master's or doctorate level.
- Applicant must have at least one academic term to complete after August of the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicant must be a member of at least one of the following professional organizations: the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses; the American College of Nurse-Midwives; or the National Association of Neonatal Nurses.
- Applicant cannot be a previous recipient of the March of Dimes graduate nursing scholarship.
- Applicant cannot be an employee of the March of Dimes, a member of its Board of Trustees or a family member of either.
The March of Dimes gratefully acknowledges the support of The Procter & Gamble Company for funding the 2017 scholarships.
PROMOTING HEALTHIER MOMS & STRONGER BABIES
Crest & Oral-B are proud to support the March of Dimes. Oral health matters, especially during pregnancy.To learn more click here.
The March of Dimes does not endorse specific brands or products..
Registration Now Open!
March of Dimes Perinatal Nursing Conference
New! Annual Membership
Preventing prematurity: Preconception, prenatal and postpartum nursing care
Congenital syphilis rates are rising in the United States.
Zika virus: What every nurse should know
Also in Spanish: El virus del Zika en Puerto Rico: Lo que toda enfermera debe saber
artículo (1.8 horas de contacto)
4th Annual March of Dimes ACNM Symposium: Drugs in Pregnancy: New FDA Labeling and More
Assessment of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Choose a CNE course
See the NCC codes for our CNE courses
We're always looking to improve our nursing education resources. Send us your comments, criticisms or suggestions.
Registration and payment are required to access continuing education activities.
Sign in to access to this activity.
Not yet registered?
Registration is free and open to anyone.