Quality improvement and impact
When you join the NICU Family Support team as a partner hospital, you are provided with tools, resources and a vast network that will help you achieve your patient and family experience goals.
Our commitment to our hospital partners is that we will provide you with guidance and exclusive tools to educate NICU families, support staff, and improve quality, safety, and satisfaction. This work is crucial to creating a positive environment for families and babies in the NICU. Through NICU Innovation and professional education, March of Dimes collaborates with hospitals every year to improve patient experience and employee engagement. We work with over 65 hospital partners who fully implement our NICU Family Support® program to reach and educate more than 50,000 families.
Improving the patient and family experience in your specific NICU is at the heart of what we do. With over fifteen years of program experience in hospitals across the country, we offer feasible solutions and enhancements that have a tangible impact on the NICU experience.
Through the implementation of our NICU Family Support program and March of Dimes Training Institute workshops, the March of Dimes promotes a better patient and family experience for families in hospitals across the country. We partner with hospitals to create an environment for families and staff that combines safe, high quality care with a focus on family satisfaction.
Collaboration with NICU Family Support hospital partners has resulted in improved NICU policies in the areas of family presence in the NICU, an increase in the frequency and length of skin-to-skin holding, parent inclusion on rounds, infection control and cell phone/technology policies.
NICU Family Support connects your hospital to the specific resources that will help improve the patient and family experience in your NICU. Quality Improvement areas can include:
- Creating and sustaining a family staff advisory committee
- Engaging families with social and educational activities
- Implementing a process, protocol or policy shift to improve the patient and family experience
As the NICU Family Support program has developed and grown, March of Dimes has contributed to the literature on topics such as skin-to-skin practices, family-centered care and patient experience.
- Family Support and family-centered care in the neonatal intensive care unit: origins, advances, impact
- Close to me: enhancing kangaroo care practice for NICU staff and parents
- Development of an innovation NICU teen parent support program: one unit’s experience
- Promoting family-centered care in the NICU through a parent-to-parent manager position
- Improving Patient and Family Experience in the NICU: A Practical Application of the Experience Framework
- Improving the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Parent Education in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit