March of Dimes Announces Heroines of Washington Award Recipients
ARLINGTON, VA | Wednesday, November 20, 2019
March of Dimes announced the 19th Annual Heroines of Washington® award recipients at a black-tie gala on November 19, 2019. The event honored the significant contributions of eight women in the D.C. region who exemplify leadership in volunteer community service.
Congratulations to the 2019 Heroines of Washington winners:
• Real Estate Heroine Award sponsored by M&T Bank and Wilmington Trust: Colleen Wevodau, Baker Tilly
• Rising Heroine Award sponsored by SAIC : Julia Duncan, Accenture
• Professional Services Heroine Award: Anna Dunn, Booz Allen Hamilton
• Technology Heroine Award sponsored by KPMG: Phyllis Kolmus, AT&T
• Public Sector Heroine Award sponsored by Carahsoft: Nikki Jenkins, Fauquier County Public Schools
• Healthcare Heroine Award: Monica Schmude, Cigna
• Lifetime Achievement Heroine Award sponsored by Perspecta: Sandy Davis, Booz Allen Hamilton
• Corporate Heroine Award sponsored by MorganFranklin Consulting: Nazzic Keene, SAIC
In addition to the awards presentation, more than 350 guests enjoyed a cocktail reception, dinner, and a silent auction. The event successfully raised $381,000 to support local March of Dimes programs including research, community services, education and advocacy to reduce the occurrence of birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. Since 2001, Heroines of Washington (formerly Heroines in Technology) has honored 119 “Heroines” and has raised over $3 million to support the March of Dimes.
We are also excited to announce that Perspecta will be serving as the Presenting Sponsor for the 2020 Heroines of Washington.
Sponsors include Perspecta, MorganFranklin Consulting, Carahsoft, KPMG, SAIC, M&T Bank and Wilmington Trust.
About March of Dimes
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We support research, lead programs and provide education and advocacy so that every baby can have the best possible start. Building on a successful 80-year legacy of impact and innovation, we empower every mom and every family.