March of Dimes Announces 2015 Heroines of Washington Finalists
| Monday, August 31, 2015
Media ContactsMichele Kling (914-997-4613)
Awards program recognizes women for their dedication to helping others
Arlington, VA, August 31, 2015 —
The March of Dimes today announced finalists for the 15th Annual Heroines of Washington. The awards program will honor and acknowledge the significant contributions of women across the Washington, D.C. area who exemplify leadership in volunteer community service.
This year’s finalists include women from Haymarket, VA to Washington, D.C. who are making a difference in the lives of many. They empower adults to transition from poverty into a career and support military personnel, veterans, senior citizens and families in crisis among numerous other causes. One finalist is a small business owner who erected the “Courage wall” to encourage people to think about the fears that hold them back in their lives. Thousands of entries were made on the wall during the five weeks it was in Del Ray. Another opened an orphanage in 2008 in Haiti after finding 35 abandoned children.
2015 Heroines of Washington Finalists:
• Deb Alderson, Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc.
• Camille Alexander, BNY Mellon Wealth Management
• Tamara Baptiste, MITRE Corporation
• Nancy Belmont, Belmont Inc.
• Candice Bennett, Candice Bennett & Associates, Inc.
• Wendy Feldman Block, Savills Studley, Inc.
• Kristina Bouweiri, Reston Limousine
• Amy Bowser, Jones Lang LaSalle
• Nancy Conrad, Conrad Foundation
• Nicole Drake, Vencore
• Lyssa Hall, US Department of Labor
• Debbie Harvey, Angels Advisory Group
• Cecilia Hodges, M&T Bank
• Susan Hoffman, Crowell & Moring, LLP
• Bebe Holt, Novant Health
• Heidi Krieger, Sapient
• Kathy Legette, Beyond the Net
• Robin Portman, Booz Allen Hamilton
• Denise Roberts, AOC Solutions
• Guylaine Saint Juste, Capital One
• Eileen Williams, Training 911
• Pat Williams, GraceFul Care
The finalists will be honored and winners will be announced at the black-tie awards program on Tuesday, November 10, 2015, at the Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner.
Awards will be presented for the following categories:
• Healthcare Heroine Award sponsored by Optum
• Professional Services Heroine Award sponsored by Middleburg Wealth Management
• Public Sector Heroine Award sponsored by Transformation Systems, Inc.
• Real Estate Heroine Award sponsored by Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP
• Technology Heroine Award sponsored by MorganFranklin Consulting
• Rising Heroine Award
• Lifetime Heroine Award
In addition to the awards presentation, the evening will include a cocktail reception, dinner, and live and silent auctions. Proceeds from the event will support local March of Dimes programs including research, community services, education and advocacy to reduce the occurrence of birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. Formerly known as Heroines of Technology, the event has raised over $2.1 million to support the March of Dimes mission of saving babies since 2001. To learn more, please visit marchofdimes.org/heroines.
Sponsors include: Optum, Middleburg Wealth Management, MorganFranklin Consulting, Transformation Systems, Inc., Womble Carlyle, Lost Note, Say Something Designs, DC Magazine, FedScoop, Federal News Radio and SmartCEO.
About March of Dimes
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We support research, lead programs and provide education and advocacy so that every baby can have the best possible start. Building on a successful 80-year legacy of impact and innovation, we empower every mom and every family.