ARIZONA NURSES HONORED AT NURSE OF THE YEAR AWARDS
Phoenix, AZ | Friday, June 15, 2018
Twelve caregivers were honored for their extraordinary level of patient care, compassion, integrity, professionalism, and leadership in the nursing profession at the March of Dimes Nurse of the Year Awards. Senator Kimberly Yee was named Legislative Champion. Approximately 250 guests attended the luncheon on June 15 at The Camby Hotel.
March of Dimes presented 12 awards to nurses who exemplify an extraordinary level of patient care, compassion and customer service in their specific disciplines. A total of 33 finalists will be recognized for their outstanding contributions to the profession. March of Dimes received over 400 nominations for this year’s Nurse of the Year Awards. Nurses employed in the state of Arizona were eligible. A selection committee comprised of health care professionals reviewed and scored the confidential application forms.
Whether serving as health care provider, educator, researcher, volunteer and/or advisor – nurses play a critical role in advancing the mission of March of Dimes. The Nurse of the Year initiative supports this mission while recognizing exceptional nurses throughout the state, celebrating the profession, and creating awareness of the strides made in this growing field.
The 2018 Nurse of the Year Awards is sponsored UnitedHealth Group Center for Clinician Advancement, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Dignity Health, Grand Canyon University College of Nursing, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, and University of Phoenix.
2018 NURSE OF THE YEAR WINNERS
- Advanced Practice: Nancy Denke, DNP, ACNP-BC, FNP-BC, FAEN
- Care Coordination/Public Health & Ambulatory: Elizabeth Chapin, RN, BSN, OCN, MSAP
- Charge Nurse: Shelly Diana, MSN, RN, CCRN
- Critical Care/ Emergency: Deborah Dompier, RN, BSN, MSN, CCRN
- Education, Presented by Chamberlain College of Nursing: Karen J. Saewert, PhD, RN, CPHQ, ANEF
- Friend of Nursing: Caryn Barman, PT, DPT, PCS
- General Medical/Surgical: Jill Bigelow, BSN, RN, CMSRN
- Nursing Leadership/ Administration Management, Presented by Grand Canyon University College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Catherine Mohammed, PhD(c), MN, RN
- Pediatric, Presented by Phoenix Children’s Hospital: Kara Ihrke, RN, MSN, ACRN
- Student Nurse, Presented by University of Phoenix: Brien Hutt, LPN
- Women's Health, Presented by Dignity Health: Deana Amend, MSN, RNC-OB
- Distinguished Nurse of the Year, Presented by UnitedHealth Group Center for Clinician Advancement: Deidre Walton, JD, MSN, BSN, RN
About March of Dimes
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We support research, lead programs and provide education and advocacy so that every family can have the best possible start. Building on a successful 80-year legacy, we support every pregnant person and every family.