Meeting the highest standards
As a leader in maternal and child health, March of Dimes fights for the health of all moms and babies. Thanks to millions of people who support our lifesaving mission, we are able to address the biggest health threats facing moms and babies by:
- Advocating for policies to protect them
- Pioneering research at our Prematurity Research Centers to find solutions
- Educating moms, online and in person, to help them have the healthiest pregnancies possible
- Working with the medical community to ensure families get the best possible care
- Supporting moms through every stage of the pregnancy journey, even when everything doesn’t go according to plan
- Bringing together 300 leading maternal and child health organizations and experts to build a movement around equity and premature birth as part of our Prematurity Campaign Collaborative
March of Dimes is a Better Business Bureau Accredited Charity, meeting all 20 standards listed on the BBB Wise Giving Alliance website, Give.org. We have earned a Platinum Seal of Transparency—the highest designation a charity can receive—in a joint Charity Navigator-GuideStar rating program. We’re a Certified Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Nonprofit for our Supportive Pregnancy Care® (SPC) and NICU Family Support® programs. This shows our proven commitment to serving our communities to help all moms and babies.
March of Dimes is committed to accountability and transparency. Visit our annual report to learn the many ways we invest in healthy moms and strong babies. You can also view previous years' annual reports in our archive. In addition to requesting contributions to our cause, we communicate with our supporters, donors and prospective donors by all means possible to provide information on health initiatives, volunteer and advocacy opportunities and fundraising events. View our 501c3 IRS tax designation letter here.
March of Dimes partners with leading health organizations to change lives in our country and around the world. With a shared belief that all moms and babies deserve the opportunity to be as healthy as possible, we are building a brighter future for us all.
Awareness and mission partners
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Johnson & Johnson
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine