Heroines of Washington is one of Washington’s most unique events, recognizing and honoring women in the DC Metro Area for their dedication to community service. Formerly Heroines in Technology, in response to the growing demand from our community, the March of Dimes expanded this gala to honor women for their community service in various industries. Since 2001, the March of Dimes has honored 80 “Heroines” and raised more than $1.7 million to ensure that one day all babies are born full term and healthy. Guests included directors, CEOs and other high-level individuals from local corporations and government agencies. The black tie event included a cocktail reception, dinner and a silent and live auction. View event photos.
The 2014 Heroines of Washington winners include:
• Healthcare Heroine Award sponsored by General Dynamics Information Technology: Joan Ritter, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. View video.
• Professional Services Heroine Award sponsored by Middleburg Wealth Management: Kat Calvin, The Advisory Board Company. View video.
• Public Sector Heroine Award sponsored by Sapient: Karen Evans, U.S. Cyber Challenge. View video.
• Real Estate Heroine Award sponsored by Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP: Sherry Cushman, Cushman & Wakefield. View video.
• Technology Heroine Award sponsored by MorganFranklin Consulting: Mimi Yeh, Accenture Federal Services. View video.
• Rising Heroine Award: Angel Rich, The Wealth Factory. View video.
• Lifetime Heroine Award: Kim Shrewsbury, United Bank. View video.
For more information, listing of former Heroines and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Marissa Nihill at (571) 257-2305 or firstname.lastname@example.org