Nursing Symposium 2014
Friday, September 12, 2014
US Highway 30
Addressing Neonatal Infant Mortality
Resources and best practices from expert speakers
- Describe the current trends of infant mortality and recent clinical advances and resources which are significant to reduction of infant mortality
- Explore societal and professional issues challenging the delivery of perinatal healthcare today
- Improve quality of care based on evidence-based best practices
- Discuss research and practices relevant to the comprehensive care to reduce infant mortality
Topic and Speakers
- Health Disparities in Premature Birth and Infant Mortality in the United States - Ameth Aguirre, MD
- Reducing the risk for Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP), care of the intubated patient - Leticia Lemus, NNP
- Indiana's Statewide Breatsfeeding Initiatives - Carolyn Runge, MPH, IBCLC
- Abstinence in Newborns: Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome - Majd Dardas, MD
Symposium Registration and Fees
- Register online, by mail, fax or email. On-site registration is based on availability. To download and print out the registration form, CLICK HERE. To register online, click on the online purchase option on the right of this web page.
- Checks should be made payable to March of Dimes Indiana Chapter and mailed to: 2612 W. US Highway 30, Merrillville, IN, 46410.
- Nurse $60 - Student $20 - Registration at the door $75
- Methodist Hospitals, Inc. (OH-426, 6/1/2017) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education education by the Oho Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Cetner's Commission on Accreditation. Total amount of contact hours are pending and will be awarded to eligible individuals who attend 90% of the activity and complete the evaluation form. *Note: CEU certificates will be emailed to attendees after the symposium. Please make sure to include a valid email address at the time of your registration.
EMAIL: Bri Stimson at BStimson@marchofdimes.org
MAIL: 2612 W US Highway 30 Merrillville, IN 46410