Chicago Division Young Professionals Board
Saturday, December 31, 2016
March of Dimes Chicago Division
111 W. Jackson Blvd., #1650
Our Young Professionals Board supports the overall mission and activities of the March of Dimes Chicago Division. Members serve as ambassadors for the March of Dimes by engaging the community through fundraising, networking and advocacy opportunities targeted toward young professionals.
Why should I join?
- Develop your professional and leadership skills as well as your potential to join a board of directors in the future
- Network with other passionate young people and professionals in Chicago
- Gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of the nonprofit sector
- Contribute to the March of Dimes mission
- Volunteer opportunities with the March of Dimes
What are the responsibilities?
- Pledge an annual financial commitment of $150 (due upon joining the board)
- Assist in identification & recruitment of other young professionals to join the March of Dimes Young Professionals Board
- Complete any combination of the below fundraising opportunities to contribute at least $1,000 in funds
raised per fiscal year:
- Solicit Chicago Auto Show First Look for Charity ticket sales
- Fundraise for the YPB March for Babies team and participate in Lakefront March for Babies with a minimum of $200 on your personal fundraising page
- Confirm auction item donations for Chicago Signature Chefs event
- Corporate matching gift(s)
What's the time commitment?
- We ask a two-year commitment (2015-2017)
- Participate in at least 10 meetings per fiscal year
- YPB meets the second Monday of every month
- Volunteer at one March of Dimes special event per fiscal year
How can I join or learn more?
- Contact Katie Purdy at email@example.com or (312) 596-4720
- Submit your membership dues using the form on the right side of this page