Life Income Gifts
CHARITABLE REMAINDER TRUSTS
With a charitable remainder trust, you can make a gift to March of Dimes and receive income at the same time. A charitable remainder trust is established by making an irrevocable transfer of cash, securities, real estate or other non-cash assets to a trust in exchange for an annual income for life or a term of years.
- Life income—You and other named beneficiaries receive income for life or a term of years.
- Income growth potential—To the extent the trust principal grows over time, your payment will also depend on the type of trust you establish.
- Income tax deduction—You receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction at the time you transfer assets to the trust.
- Capital gains tax savings—Appreciated assets transferred to a charitable remainder trust can be liquidated free of capital gains tax.
- Estate tax savings—All assets transferred to a charitable remainder trust are removed from your estate and will not be subject to estate tax.
Legal name and address to use when naming March of Dimes as a beneficiary of a charitable remainder trust: March of Dimes, 1550 Crystal Drive Suite 1300, Arlington, VA, 22202, Federal Tax ID #13-1846366.”
CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITIES
A charitable gift annuity is a contract with March of Dimes in which you make an irrevocable gift of cash or stock to us in exchange for a fixed annual income for life. You can choose to begin receiving payments immediately after making the gift or delay payments until a future date. By delaying payments, you’ll receive a higher payout rate and larger charitable income tax deduction.
HOW IT WORKS
- You make a minimum gift of $10,000 in cash or stock to March of Dimes.
- You and/or your spouse or other beneficiary receive fixed annual payments for life.
- You receive a charitable income tax deduction at the time of your gift.
- Your gift benefits March of Dimes upon your death.
- The annuitant(s) must be at least 65 at the time of the contract.
- The annuity rate is determined by the annuitant’s age and the number of annuitants.
Questions? We are here to help.
For assistance with planning a gift which will benefit March of Dimes now or in the future, please contact Dean Regenovich, Director of Charitable Estate Planning, at 800-780-3463 or [email protected]
For assistance with administration of an active estate or trust of which March of Dimes is a beneficiary, including distributions, releases, and notice of related court proceedings, please contact Pecola Beech, Estates Administrator, at 914-997-4455 or [email protected]