Caring for your baby
Before your baby leaves the hospital, he has newborn screening tests. Newborn screening checks for serious but rare health conditions at birth. It includes blood, hearing and heart screening.
As your baby grows, he gets medical checkups, vaccinations and his health care provider checks that he’s meeting developmental milestones. These are skills or activities that most children can do at a certain age, like sitting, walking and talking.
In This Topic
- Developmental milestones for baby
- Levels of medical care for your newborn
- Newborn care in the delivery room
- Newborn screening tests for your baby
- Newborn screening: Blood screen (infographic)
- Newborn screening: Hearing screen (infographic)
- Newborn screening: Heart screen (infographic)
- Safe sleep for your baby
- Sudden infant death syndrome
- When to call your baby's provider
- Your baby’s vaccinations
- Your baby's checkups