Working together to improve the health of moms and babies in our community
The chapter community grants program is designed to invest in priority projects that further the March of Dimes mission, support national and state objectives, and further our strategic goal of reducing premature birth and inequities in birth outcomes in Wisconsin.
In 2014, the March of Dimes Wisconsin Chapter funded the following projects:
Clark County - $13,651 to provide prenatal education programs for Spanish-speaking women through the “Becoming a Mom/Comenzando Bien” March of Dimes curriculum through Clark County Health Dept.
Marathon County Healthy Babies Coalition and Sawyer County Health and Human Services were each awarded approximately $6,000 to develop community awareness campaigns to reduce early elective deliveries.
UWSMPH, Department of OB/GYN - $23,500 grant to implement CenteringPregnancy® in south Madison in Dane County, to reduce preterm birth in women at high risk for delivering preterm.
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare St. Joseph Foundation Women’s Center - $15,000 grant to implement CenteringPregnancy® through the Centering Healthcare Institute to support the needs of uninsured pregnant women in Racine County.
In 2013, the March of Dimes Wisconsin Chapter funded the following projects:
- University of WI School of Medicine and Public Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology: $23,504.00 – Implementation of CenteringPregnancy™ at Access Community Health Services in South Madison, Dane County.
- Wheaton Franciscan St. Joseph Foundation, Women’s Center: $15,063.00 – Third Year Continuation Funds for CenteringPregnancy™ adding an oral health education component to the prenatal care.
In 2012, the March of Dimes Wisconsin Chapter funded the following projects:
- Aurora Sinai Midwifery and Wellness Center: $27,595.00 - Implementation of CenteringPregnancy™ in Milwaukee
- Columbia St. Mary’s Foundation: $4,980.00 - Blanket of Love Prenatal Education in Milwaukee
- Wheaton Franciscan Health Care All Saints: $25,000 – Implementation of CenteringPregnancy™, in Racine
- Wheaton Franciscan Health Care St. Joseph Foundation: $9,580.00 – Continuation Funds for CenteringPregnancy™
In 2011, the March of Dimes Wisconsin Chapter funded the following projects:
- Centering Healthcare Institute, Inc.: $7000, Implementation Seminar provided for healthcare leaders from Beloit, Racine, Kenosha, and Milwaukee in support of Lifecourse Initiative for Healthy Families (LIHF Project) programs in these communities.
- Milwaukee Health Services, Inc., Milwaukee: $6000, Funds for Centering Pregnancy Site Approval at the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Heritage Health Center.
- Red Cliff Indian Health Center, Bayfield: $4600, Support for increasing family involvement in group prenatal Centering Pregnancy program
- Wheaton Franciscan St. Joseph Hospital, Milwaukee: $22,500, Implementation of Centering Pregnancy
- Bellin Memorial Hospital, Kress Women’s Center: $2400, Implementation of consumer awareness campaign to eliminate elective deliveries before 39 weeks gestation.
Please Note: March of Dimes chapter community grants do not fund scientific research projects. For information about research grants funded by the March of Dimes national office, please visit www.marchofdimes.com/research.