Graduate nursing scholarships
To recognize and promote excellence in nursing care of mothers and babies, the March of Dimes offers several $5,000 scholarships annually to registered nurses enrolled in graduate programs of maternal-child nursing.
Applications for 2014 scholarships are due on January 15, 2014.
- Applicant must be a registered nurse.
- Applicant must currently be enrolled in graduate education with a focus on maternal-child nursing at the master's or doctoral level.
- Applicant must have at least one academic term to complete after December of the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicant must be a member of at least one of the following professional organizations: the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses; the American College of Nurse-Midwives; or the National Association of Neonatal Nurses.
- Applicant cannot be a previous recipient of the March of Dimes graduate nursing scholarship.
- Employees of the March of Dimes, members of its Board of Trustees, and their family members are not eligible.
Scholarship recipients are announced in May each year.
Nicole Smith Carlson, MS, CNM
University of Colorado
- Kathleen Jones Danhausen, SNM, MPH
- Samantha L. Port, MSN, MBA, RNC-OB, C-EFM
Western Kentucky University
- Donna Louise Schminkey, PhDc, MPH, RN, CNM
University of Virginia
- Rachel Ballester, RN, Springfield, Mass., Baystate Midwifery Education Program
- Michelle Dynes, CNM, MSN, MPH, Atlanta, Ga., Emory University
- Julie Moon, RN, Hyden, Ky., Frontier Nursing University
- Njoki Ng'ang'a MPhil, MSc, RNC, New York, N.Y., Columbia University
- Rachel Newhouse, RN, Chicago, IL, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Julia Vigdis Perkins, RN, Baltimore, MD, Johns Hopkins University & Shenandoah University
- Rebecca M. Pfender, RN, BSN, Philadelphia, PA, University of Pennsylvania
- Annie J. Rohan, MSN, RNC, NNP/PNP, Stony Brook, NY, Columbia University
- Kirsten Hanrahan, ARNP, DNPc , Iowa City, IA, University of Iowa
- Amana Alcala Moss, MN, RN, Corvallis, OR, Oregon Health and Science University
- Amy E. Starke, MPH, RN, Ann Arbor, MI, University of Michigan
- Leah M. Peterson, RN, SNM, San Francisco, CA, University of California, San Francisco
- MaryJane Lewitt, RN, CNM, MN, Atlanta, GA, Emory University
- Priscilla M. Nodine, CNM, MS, Lakewood, CO, University of Colorado at Denver
- Ping Jin Porter, RN, BSN, SNM, Albuquerque, NM, University of New Mexico
- Lauren Thorngate, Ph(c), RN, CCRN, Seattle, WA, University of Washington
- Ashley E. Darcy, BSN, RN, Philadelphia, PA, University of Pennsylvania
- Lorie Smith Goshin, RN, MSN, New York, NY, Columbia University
- Cynthia Jensen, RN, BSN, CCRN, San Francisco, CA, University of California
- Amy Law, MS, CNM, San Francisco, CA, University of California
- Ana Luisa Ralston, RN, Washington, D.C., Georgetown University
- Libby Averill Rosen, RN, BSN, PhDc, Kansas City, KS Kansas University
- Erin Hannah Tenney, RN, BSN, Hyden, KY, Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing
- Kristin VanderEnde, RN, MSN, CNM, Atlanta, GA, Emory University
- Anjli Aurora, RN, MPH, Duluth, GA, Emory University
- Sandra A. Banta-Wright, RNC, MN, NNP, Portland, OR, Oregon Health & Science University
- Jessica Brumley, CNM, Tampa, FL, University of South Florida
- Jane M. DeLuca, RN, PNP, APNG, Rochester, NY, University of Rochester
- Laura R. Jenson, RN, SNM, Portland, OR, Oregon Health & Science University
- Laura Kostura, RN, Georgetown, MA, Currently on active duty in Iraq. University of Cincinnati
- Kate E. Becker, RN, BSN, MTS, Philadelphia, PA, University of Pennsylvania
- Mary Ann Dominick, RN, Mentor on the Lake, OH, Case Western Reserve University
- Dawn Kingston, RN, MSC, Ontario, Canada, McMaster University
- Gwen Latendresse, CNM, MS, PhD(c), West Jordan, UT, University of Utah
- Jody Lori, CNM, Ann Arbor, MI, University of Arizona
- Nicole Rouhana, CNM, Vestal, NY, Binghamton University
- Mary K. Barger, CNM, Cambridge, MA, Boston University
- Robin Cutler Bratt, RN, Minneapolis, MN, University of Minnesota
- Julia Chachere, SNM, MPH, Sag Harbor, NY, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Kathleen Utter King, CNM, Rochester, NY, University of Rochester
- Rebecca Matthews, RN, Jonesboro, AR, University of Tennessee
- Elizabeth A. Thomas, MSN, RNC, PhD(c), Lubbock, TX, University of Arizona
- Robin B. Knobel, RNC, MSN, NNP, Greenville, NC, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Christie N. Lawrence, RN, BSN, Country Club Hills, IL, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Gina Novick, CNM, MSN, Hamden, CT, Yale University
- Bridget Rene Robinson, RN, BSN, Trenton, MO, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Margie A. Campbell, RNC, Columbus, IN
- Dawn E. Dailey, RN, MSN, CS, Vacaville, CA
- Kelli Dyer, BSN, RN, ICCE, Columbus, GA
- Debra L. Hamilton, RN, BSN, CCM, CNLCP, Cheyenne, WY
- Jo Ann Dotson, RN, MSN, Helena, MT
- Judith Hilton, MSN, RNC, Hickory, NC
- Barbara McFarlin, CNM, MS, RDMS, Chicago, IL
- Linda Shewey, ICCE, RN, PhD, Kent, WA
- Carolyn Constantin, MSN, RNC, Atlanta, GA
- Cecily Floyd, BSRN, Pocatello, ID
- Eileen Ehudin Pagano, CNM, Columbia, MD
- Laura Warren, RN, Oakland, CA
- Emily Merideth, RN, MPH, Berkeley, CA
- Therese McMahan, RNC, MSN, OGNP, Somerville, MA
- Verna J. Schad, RN, MS, FNP, SNM, Lantry, SD
- Laura B. Strange, RN, MN, Dunwoody, GA
- Terry Griffin, RNC, MS, NNP, Long Grove, IL
- Wendy Rasso, RN, Pueblo, CO
- Ginger L. Breedlove, CNM, MSN, Kansas City, MO
- Carol Sue Omel, RN, MPH, Portland, OR
Most common questions
What are the qualifications required to apply for a Prematurity Research Initiative Grant?
An applicant for a Prematurity Research Initiative Grant must hold a faculty appointment or the equivalent at a not-for-profit institution, such as a university, hospital or research institution.
What is the deadline to apply for a Basil O’Connor Starter Scholar Research Award?
Letters of Nomination for the Basil O'Connor Research Program are due annually on March 15 for possible funding to begin on the following February 1.
What is the term of a MOD Research Grant?
MOD Research Grants are usually awarded for three years.
©2013 March of Dimes Foundation. The March of Dimes is a non-profit
organization recognized as tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3).