Prematurity prevention website
Visit prematurityprevention.org, the most comprehensive source of information on prematurity and prematurity prevention.
How can professionals use the website?
The site is primarily for professional use and provides opportunities for enhanced clinical practice, continuing education, implementing local prematurity-prevention efforts and engaging with other professionals committed to reducing the incidence of premature birth and improving birth outcomes.
The March of Dimes offers these features on the website:
- Prematurity Campaign efforts, World Prematurity Day and Global Programs resources
- Healthy Babies are Worth the Wait®, a community-based intervention program
- Professional education opportunities, like webinars and symposia
- Resources, including toolkits, reports and patient education resources
- Research, including information about the March of Dimes Prematurity Research Center and the latest research abstracts related to premature birth
- Advocacy and Government Affairs updates
- NICU Family Support® resources
How can professionals engage with other users on the site?
Prematurityprevention.org is home to the following communities:
- Healthy Babies are Worth the Wait Implementation Network. This is a private community that provides partners from all community program sites the opportunity to connect, address challenges and share best practices.
- March of Dimes Supportive Pregnancy Care. This is a private community for supportive pregnancy care partners to share best practices and resources and ensure successful implementation of the program.
- Group prenatal care. This is a public community forum dedicated to providing the latest information on group prenatal care.
- National Network of Perinatal Quality Collaboratives. This private community provides opportunities for the sharing of best practices and lessons learned in developing and sustaining perinatal quality collaboratives across the country.
Which March of Dimes resources are available on premeaturityprevention.org?
March of Dimes resources available on prematurityprevention.org at no cost include:
- ACT professional education and implementation slide deck
- Elimination of non-medically indicated (elective) deliveries before 39 weeks gestational age: Quality improvement toolkit
- Healthy Babies are Worth the Wait: Preventing preterm births through community-based Interventions: An implementation manual
- IMPLICIT interconception care toolkit
- Preterm labor assessment toolkit
- Towards improving the outcome of pregnancy III
Last reviewed: February, 2017