March of Dimes internships
The March of Dimes offers internship opportunities for college students and recent graduates in our National Office in White Plain, NY, our Office of Government Affairs in Washington, DC, and select regional offices. Internship are based on the March of Dimes needs and are assigned to candidates with the appropriate skills and interests.
- Learn about our mission to improve the health of babies
- Work closely with a March of Dimes mentor and other staff
- Gain practical experience in a specific area
- Earn academic credits
I am interested in an internship at:
National Office(no opportunities currently available)
Office of Government affairs
Other locations(no opportunities currently available)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I work for the March of Dimes?
The March of Dimes is a major nonprofit organization committed to improving the health of babies, by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. We have a rich legacy of success dating back to 1938 when our organization was founded by Franklin D. Roosevelt to defeat polio. Within 17 years, the Salk vaccine was developed with March of Dimes research funding. The March of Dimes became one of the few organizations to have defeated the threat it was established to fight. With 1,200 staff members committed to our mission in over 200 work locations throughout the United States, we engage with volunteers in communities across the country. Consider joining us in meeting our mission goals!
What employee benefits are offered?
The March of Dimes views total compensation as combination of salary and benefits. The Foundation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to employees. Some of the key elements of this package include:
- A choice of two Medical Plans
- 100% coverage for annual well visits
- Disease management and wellness programs
- Both plans include 100% Maternity coverage and well child care;
- Competitive employer premium subsidy for eligible staff members
- Employer funded Pension Plan (401a)
- Pre-Tax Retirement Savings program (403b)
- Group Dental, Life & Long Term Disability plans
- Pre-Tax Transit, Flexible Spending Accounts and Vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mom/Parent Friendly Benefits Programs including: paid time off for new parents, extended parental leave, adoption benefits. The Foundation is proud to be a recognized mom/parent friendly workplace
- Salary Continuation Plan, Business Travel, Workers Compensation, Pet Insurance
Can you share more about the work culture at the March of Dimes?
We are a mission-driven organization with a strong local presence in all states plus Puerto Rico. The thousands of volunteers and businesses who partner with us are committed to our mission.
Our work sites are professional environments with diversity of staff, high integrity and ethics, strong technology support and excellent employee benefits. Work sites provide the ability to interact with high impact community volunteers regularly.
How can I grow my career with the March of Dimes?
We provide conferences, webinars, online training and one-on-one mentoring. We also have an internal job posting process to enable staff to learn and act on internal career opportunities. We provide relocation support for those staff members who are offered the opportunity to physically relocate.
What career path might I find of interest to me?
Entry level positions at many of our work locations allow for career growth to leadership positions either within the location or at the state/chapter level, regional level or national level.
Has the March of Dimes received any special awards recognizing its commitment to its employees?
Since 2009 the March of Dimes Foundation has received prestigious recognition from Working Mother Magazine, which named March of Dimes in its 100 Best Companies list for its parent-friendly workplace and benefits.