Welcome, !

You’re in! See your latest actions or visit your profile and dashboard.


Saved pages

  • When you save a page, it will appear here.


    You do not have any shared pages

My profile   |  My dashboard                     


Personalize your experience, get access to saved pages, donation receipts and more.

Already have an account? Sign in.

Send me the e-newsletter

Tell us your interests

Pregnancy Babies
Volunteering Professional Resources
Research Local Events
Advocacy Mission
Privacy policy            

Welcome Back!

Use your existing or March for Babies user name and password to sign in.

Forgot username/password
Privacy policy

Welcome Back!

Enter your e-mail address to receive your username and password.  

Thank you!

Thanks for choosing to be part of our community. You have subscribed to the March of Dimes e-newsletter, with the preference Pregnancy selected. You will receive a confirmation e-mail at user's e-mail address

You can now:

Welcome Back!

Your e-mail address is linked to multiple accounts. Protect your privacy, make it unique.
share | e-mail | print

Thank you!

Your e-mail was sent.

E-mail to a friend

We will never share or sell your

Your information:

Your recipient's information:

You can send to a max of 5 people.
Separate addresses with commas.

Your message:

Privacy Policy    

Save to my dashboard

Sign in or Sign up to save this page.  

You've saved this page

It's been added to your dashboard   

Rate this page

Sign in or Sign up to rate this page.  

How helpful is this?

Click on the stars below.

    Evan David Weesies

    Grand Rapids, Michigan, May 08, 2013 —

    Lindsey and Ryan Weesies of Montague were ecstatic to be new parents when they discovered Lindsey was pregnant in 2009.  Unexpectedly, her water broke when she was 22 weeks and 2 days pregnant. She was put on bed rest with the anticipated delivery date of March 2010.  Doctor’s prescribed steroids to help the babies lungs mature because they were unsure how long they could hold off delivery.  Eight days later, on Christmas morning, Lindsey delivered Evan David Weesies at 23 weeks and 3 days gestation via cesarean.  Baby Evan weighed 1lb. 5.5oz (620 gm) and was 11 ½ inches long.  From that point on their lives had changed forever and they road the NICU rollercoaster.

    Evan received surfactant therapy immediately in the operating room and two more times after that to help his lungs expand in order to be better ventilated. We later learned that the March of Dimes funded the research that discovered this lifesaving medical treatment, among many other treatments.  During Evan’s 119 day stay in the NICU, Evan received numerous blood transfusions, had heart surgery at 11 days old (PDA ligation), was on a ventilator a total of about 3 weeks, was on CPAP for about 3 months, was diagnosed with chronic lung disease and left vocal cord paralysis. He was discharged on April 21, 2010, the day after his original due date. We went home with him on oxygen, feeding tube, and an apnea monitor. Today, Evan is doing great and recently celebrated his first birthday.

    Ryan Weesies, “We feel so blessed to have a healthy 23-weeker and would love to share our story to help prevent any other family from having to endure what we have. This year we were thrilled to have Evan walk across the start line at March for Babies for the first time ever! Thank you to the March of Dimes for all you’ve given to my family. ”



    Edit my feeds

    Sign in or Sign up to edit feeds.

    Edit my feeds

    I prefer to view feeds in this order:

    News Moms Need
    March for Babies

    Give to help

    Help more babies in Michigan start life healthy and strong.

    Donation amount:

    Join an event

    Looking to participate? Find an event that is just right for you.
    March of Dimes Facebook