The CVS Caremark Charity Classic uniquely offers sports enthusiasts the chance to enjoy world-class golf while helping to support hundreds of New England-area charities. Tournament week begins with the Pepsi Pro-Am on Sunday, June 22, followed by the two-day tournament on Monday, June 23 -Tuesday, June 24 at Rhode Island Country Club. Special tournament activities include:
• Path To Better Health - As a pharmacy innovation company and in keeping with the tournament’s tradition of introducing new and exciting elements, new this year is the “Path to Better Health” – a walking path around the course that features interactive health and wellness stations. From skin screens and simple exercise and stretching stations to nutritional advice and more, area experts will host interactive and educational stations along the path. Fans can participate in the fun and educational activities as they follow the pros around the golf course. What’s more, the first 1,000 guests to check in at the tournament’s new health and wellness expo on Monday and Tuesday, June 23 and 24 will receive a pedometer to track their steps around the course. Fans who take the most steps daily can enter to win special prizes during the tournament.
• All Kids Can Three-Hole Challenge - Designed to offer kids of all abilities a chance to participate in the tournament and experience golf like the pros, the Puma and Kimberly Clark All Kids Can Three-Hole Challenge features a specially designed challenge on holes 16-18 the morning of Monday, June 23. Five foursomes, each comprised of kids representing a variety of the tournament’s charity partners, will participate in the fun activity.
• Pepsi Max Shootout – For the fourth consecutive year the tournament will host the Pepsi Max Shootout, where the first-place team from each of the Pepsi Pro-Am shotguns compete in a playoff during Monday’s professional tournament.
• Charitable Closest-to-the-Pin Contest - The pros will once again be competing for designated charities in the annual Charitable Closest-to-the-Pin contest. During regular tournament play on Monday and Tuesday the golfer closest to the pin on 17 will win $25,000 for the charity they represent.
• Free Admission for Veterans and First Responders - The CVS Caremark Charity Classic is honoring veterans by offering complimentary admission for all active, reserve and retired Military Service Members and their dependents. Veterans simply present a valid Common Access Card or Retired Military Card at the gate any day throughout the three-day tournament. First responders and their families also receive free admission with a valid ID.
Tickets for the 2014 CVS Caremark Charity Classic are now on sale including a three-day pass ($60) and single, good-any-day tickets ($25). Children 17 and under are free with a ticketed adult. The tournament offers a variety of ways to purchase tickets, including:
• Tickets For Charity Program - Fans can help their favorite CVS Caremark Charity Classic working charity raise additional dollars by participating in the Tickets for Charity Program which donates $5 from every ticket purchased on cvscharityclassic.com directly to the charity of your choice (among the tournament’s working charities). Fans simply log onto cvscharityclassic.com and click the tickets icon, select their favorite charity from a list and complete the ticket purchase process. Fans can even make an additional personal donation to their selected charity. Enter March of Dimes when prompted!
• Special Ticket Offer at CVS/pharmacy Locations - Tickets for the 2014 CVS Caremark Charity Classic are available through a special offer at CVS/pharmacy stores in Rhode Island as well as select CVS/pharmacy locations in Southeastern Massachusetts. Fans can purchase select products to receive a voucher good for one good-any-day ticket. Visit cvscharityclassic.com for details on eligible products.
• The Wine Lounge by Estancia Winery - Located on the 18th green at Rhode Island Country Club, The Wine Lounge by Estancia Winery offers first-class hospitality and amenities, including daily food and wine samplings. Offering spectacular, close-up views of tournament play, tickets to the pavilion tent are $50 per day for attendees ages 21 or older. Additional Wine Lounge ticket packages can be found at cvscharityclassic.com.
For additional information on tickets, fans can call 866-CVS-9441 or visit cvscharityclassic.com.