Healthy Babies are Worth the Wait
Sometimes, babies need to be delivered early, for the sake of the mother, the baby or both. But when there's no medical reason, elective procedures like c-sections and labor inductions can cause avoidable problems for mom and baby, especially before week 39 of pregnancy. Babies born prematurely (at 37 weeks of pregnancy or earlier) may have more health problems at birth and later in life than babies born full term.
The last few weeks of pregnancy are key for baby’s development. We are proud to partner with HealthONE to let women know if your pregnancy is healthy, let labor start on its own. If you need to have your baby early and can control the timing, wait till at least week 39. Healthy babies are worth the wait!
See the Colorado Chapter/HealthONE partnership YouTube PSA’s : http://www.youtube.com/user/MarchofDimesCO?feature=watch
HEALTHY MOM/HEALTHY BABY RESOURCES
* Read our 39 Weeks Campaign Fact Sheet
* When is your baby due? Use our ovulation calendar to find out
* Learn the medical reasons for a c-section
* Compare c-section delivery to vaginal delivery
* Watch a video about c-sections
* Ask our medical experts a question and get an answer